If you are an invited speaker to this event, Perimeter Institute staff will contact you to coordinate ground transportation arrangements on your behalf.
If you need transportation while attending this event, we offer suggestions below. If flying, we suggest that you book your flight to arrive at Toronto International Airport (YYZ) or the Region of Waterloo International Airport (YKF).
Boulevard Limousine (estimated travel time 1hr). To make reservations, please visit their website or call 519-886-8090.
Airways Transit (estimated travel time 1hr) Airways Transit connects Toronto (Pearson), Hamilton (Munro), and Region of Waterloo International Airports with the Kitchener-Waterloo area by providing 24 hour shared ride door-to-door service. To make reservations online please visit their website or contact them by phone 24 hours: 519-886-2121.
City Cabs (estimated travel time 1hr) Kitchener-Waterloo to Toronto International Airport. Call 519-747-7777
Uber is also available for airport transportation.
Car Rentals Upon arrival in any of the terminals at Pearson International Airport there are a number of car rental agencies to choose from. Their booths are located on the arrivals level. The cost of a car rental is dependent upon the type of vehicle you would like and the length of the stay.
- From the airport, follow signs for Highway 427 South/Highway 401.
- Continue to follow signs for Highway 401 West - London.
- Proceed West on Highway 401.
- Exit Highway 401 at Highway 8 West.
- Take exit 278 (Highway 8 West) and follow 8 West for 5 km to Highway 85, towards Highway 7 East.
- Proceed on Highway 85 for 5 km to Bridgeport Road exit. Turn right at the off-ramp, traveling west.
- Follow Bridgeport Road for 2 km into downtown Waterloo.
- Bridgeport is a four-lane one-way road. It becomes Caroline Street at Albert Street. Continue straight ahead.
- Travel forward another 200 metres, but ease over into the right-hand lane. As you go down a hill and around a curve, look for the green Perimeter Institute sign on the right hand side. The parking lot entrance is just after the sign (past the historic grist mill that sits on the edge of Silver Lake).
- Turn right into the PI parking lot entrance.
Please note that parking is extremely limited at Perimeter Institute and you must have a parking permit to park in the lot long term.